dead programming languages
Jan Panteltje
2023-02-23 06:34:25 UTC
On a sunny day (Wed, 22 Feb 2023 11:05:30 -0800) it happened John Larkin
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_programming_languages
Now I'm told that we should be coding hard embedded products in C++ or
Rust.
Cplushplush is a crime against humanity
C will do better
But asm is the thing, it will always be there
and gives you full control.
It is not that hard to write an integer math library in asm..
And even 32 bit integer will take care of most things here on earth.

The problem is that many so called 'coders' know shit about hardware
so need bloat as a cover up so to speak.
The sickening idea of operator overloading in C plushplush.... comes to mind.
I use linked lists in C in many of my programs, takes care of all 'object oriented' stuff.
Nothing I have not been able to do.

Where the madness will go? Look at Microsoft Outlook email
If you lose 15 minutes a day using that stuff (as opposed to 1 second with pop email)
advanced math says it cost you 365 * 15 = 5475 minutes a year, or 81.25 hours a year,
or 10 working days!!!!

An other failure of the US capitalist system, controlled by companies that suck you
for time and money with ever worse products, selling snake oil.
There is an opening there for competition... But the fake over valued US dollar and its Mafia like control
'protection' in this world is used to kill that competition.
Else just blow up the oil pipeline like North-stream right?
Creeps!!!
I remember (and do have) a very old eeePC 701, it was a new thing, came with Linux pre-installed,
Its still working! but the next model came with MS windows...
Market control, where are they now...

The nukes will fall, its nature.
One ant heap against the other, may the best one win, its EVOLUTION.
Could be the ants that win though, so be prepared.

https://rageagainstwar.com/#Coalition
will it go the way it did during the Vietnam war?
Youth revolting?

I remember that evening in those day: I was outside and saw a falling star
You are supposed to do a wish, so I wished for an end to that war.
A few days later it was over...
cause and effect or do we know the future?
Had more experiences like that
There are many explanations...
John Larkin
2023-02-23 16:54:20 UTC
Post by Jan Panteltje
On a sunny day (Wed, 22 Feb 2023 11:05:30 -0800) it happened John Larkin
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_programming_languages
Now I'm told that we should be coding hard embedded products in C++ or
Rust.
Cplushplush is a crime against humanity
C will do better
But asm is the thing, it will always be there
and gives you full control.
It is not that hard to write an integer math library in asm..
I did that for the 68K. The format was signed 32.32. That worked great
for control systems. Macros made it look like native instructions.

But asm is clumsy for risc CPUs. Plain bare-metal c makes sense for
small instruments.